(Brain Trust Hub) Ekiti State House of Assembly swears in 16 commissioners today as nominated by the governor of the state, Kayode Fayemi.
The Governor nominated 16 Commissioners for inauguration by the State House of Assembly and it was fairly done by having a Commissioner from a local government.
All the Commissioners swore in affirmed their readiness and willingness to serve the state with all their energies and love for the state.
The Freelance and Independent Broadcaster Association of Nigeria, FIBAN, Osun State Chapter has congratulated the newly appointed SSG of the State of Osun, Prince Wole Oyebamiji. In a statement signed by the Chairman, Com. Olugbade Olu-Oluomo (Oluomo presenter) and the Secretary, Com. Tosin Odesola, the Association assured the newly SSG of their support and pray for no separation during the stay in office and beyond.
Fayemi contested the election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and his victory was challenged by Olusola Eleka of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja unanimously struck out Eleka’s case and ruled that Fayemi is the duly elected Governor of the state
Below are the names of the commissioners with their portfolios and the local government of their origins.
1. Finance– Mr. Dapo Kolawole (Ijero LG)
2. Justice– Mr. Wale Fapohunda (Ekiti West LG)
3. Local Government and Community Development– Prof. Adio Folayan (Efon LG)
4. Information, Tourism and Values Orientation –Mr Muyiwa Olumilua (Ikere LG)
5. Infrastructure and Public Utilities – Engr. Dele Faparusi (Gbonyin LG)
6. Works and Transportation – Mr Sola Adebayo (Irepodun/Ifelodun LG)
7. Health and Human Services – Dr (Mrs) Moji Yaya Kolade (Oye LG)
8. Women Affairs and Social Development– Chief (Mrs) Moji Fafure (Ikole LG)
9. Education, Science and Technology – Mr Emmanuel Foluso Daramola (Ekiti East LG)
10. Agriculture and Rural Development – Mr Folorunso Olabode (Ilejemeje LG)
11. Environment and Natural Resources – Mr Gbenga Agbeyo (Ido-Osi LG)
12. Investment, Trade and Industries – Mr Olusoga David (Moba LG)
13. Youth and Sports Development – Mr Michael Awopetu (Ekiti South West LG)
14. Budget and Economic Planning – Mr Femi Ajayi (Ise-Orun LG)
15. Special Duties and Regional Integration – Alhaji Ayodele Jinadu (Ado LG)
16. Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Mr Febisola Adewale (Emure LG)