The supreme Keggite club international can be traced to 13 students in 1962 of the then Nigeria College of Art, Science and Technology who gathered themselves every evening to relax after the stressful day of school activities. Upon hearing that their institution will become a university, they went into rejoicing; singing songs and dancing of being the first set to graduate as the students of the University of Ife.
The 13 students became the executive and periodically donate palm wine for the consumption of the group. As the activities continue, history was made for them being the founding members of the first social cultural club in the world. The name given then was “Palm wine drinkers club”, whereby they address every member as “palm-mate”. As events unfold itself, there were lots of reformation as the club annual chiefesis conference yearly discussed the progressiveness of the club the name was changed to Keggite club, and now THE SUPREME KEGITES CLUB INTERNATIONAL, members are recognized comrad, fellow, etc.
The first chief was (Lt) Prof. Olusegun Adeshina. The group had its first female member (Opeke) in person of L.S.F Dukpe Ajayi in 1968. In the year 1974, the club started spreading to other schools in Nigeria with Ilya Du Tractor (Federal College of Agriculture, Akura, Ondo State) as the first Ilya to get the Keg of office from world headquarter (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife).
Among the several codes give to several stages of higher institutions in Nigeria, Ilya Du Chalk is the name given to all colleges of Education when it first started. Later, some Ilyasis changed their names for example, Ilya du chalk, Oyo (St. Andrew’s College of Education) changed to Ilyu SACOED and later changed to Ilya du Atiba till date. But among all, only Osun State College of Education, Ilesa retained the name of Ilya du chalk throughout the whole galaxy.
Ilya du Chalk (Osun State College of Education, Ilesa)
Supreme Keggite club international of Osun State college of Education, Ilesha (Ilya du Chalk) was established in the same year of the institution establishment. Since inception, Ilya du chalk has been up and doing by involving themselves in all institutional programs such as; gyrating on Matriculations and convocations events like any other active keggite club of other institutions.
The just concluded Keg year under the leadership of XY Chalk (Butrus Onosi Mathew) has mass transformation twice, and lecturers were also fellowrized. His tenure experienced the support of the institution Provost in person of Professor Kolawole Kazeem who is also a keggite club member (methuselah world chief).
The ilya had her coronation and it brought in a new AB Chief of the Ilya on the 13th of December, 2018. The new keg year is a promising one according to what the new chief tagged his keg year, “Chiefo du achiever”.
Uniqueness of Keggite club
- It is a social cultural club promoting African unity and world peace.
- It is a registered organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria
3. It has remained one supreme club with branches in almost all institutions of higher learning both within and beyond the shore of Nigeria. Ilya du Queen in the University of London, United Kingdom, and Ilya Pojab in India.
4. The AB chief is the head of the club in all Ilyasis and always in charge of accepting new members into the club.
5. The club members include prominent Nigerians and foreigners. Examples are; Lt. Professor Olusegun Adeshina (1st Chief), (Entity) grand patron olusegun obasanjo (former president of Nigeria) Pa. Peter Fatomilola, patron Rotimi Akeredolu (Governor of Ondo State), Julius Inyerere and the likes.
6. It has its own universal language that can only be decoded by members of the club.
7. Unique dressing (Regalia & capito) is based on the design given to each Ilyasis. E.t.c